Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What I am doing. Read This First

by Billy Williams

OK, so here is what I am doing.

My Church is doing a Life Journal and I want to share (some of) my entries with anyone who happens to come across this page. I am not interested in splitting hairs over my personal theology, but would welcome insightful thoughts and comments concerning the scripture at the beginning of each post and how it applies to your life and relationship with God.

If you are looking for a robust debate on doctrine, hermeneutics, the crusades, Rick Warren, Pope Leo XIII, or the role of the church in post modern America please feel free to post on the myriad of other blogs devoted to these and other topics.

Each post will be simple and will follow the SOAP format:

Scripture
Observation
Application
Prayer

A couple of last comments. I cannot spell or punctuate very well. I will try to have my beautiful wife and copy editor check each post before it hits the web. If you find a typo or missing comma it means that I posted without her watchful eye. Please have a good laugh and let it go, in the scheme of things it is not a salvation issue.

2 comments:

  1. I see you used a Latin phrase too for the title of your blog. (Copy Cat! :) ) It is a very beautiful language. I love it because most people do not know how to speak it or translate it. And welcome to the world of blogging. I wish I could do the life journal thing. It sounds interesting. I try to listen to church on the weekends, but the streaming has been really buggy every week. Look forward to what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    I can get you a copy of the Life Journal if you would like, I know you would enjoy doing it. And I will talk to the powers that be about the webcast. I look forward to your next post, it is a great way to stay close to you even though you are so far away.

    ReplyDelete