Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How Beautiful

by Billy Williams

Titus 2:10 (NIV) – ... So that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.

Does my life make the teachings about God attractive? Though I know Paul was encouraging those bound in slavery to live a life like Christ, his words are still true for me. Do I say “no” to ungodly things by the grace that saves me? Would someone who does not know God see His story in me and want what I have?

This is the basis of evangelism, that others would see God in me–that I would live my life in a way that makes the teachings of God attractive. Not to make His teachings conform to my standards, but to love God and love others more than I do, so that others would see me in the image of Christ.

God, help me to show your light, grace, love and care to others so they might be attracted to your teaching.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogsphere, Billy. I hope some of your online "fans" will come over and leave comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete