Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Last One Standing


© Mohsen Beirami | Dreamstime.com
by Billy Williams

Job 19:25-27 (AMP)

25 For I know that my Redeemer and Vindicator lives, and at last He [the Last One] will stand upon the earth.

26 And after my skin, even this body, has been destroyed, then from my flesh or without it I shall see God,

27 Whom I, even I, shall see for myself and on my side! And my eyes shall behold Him, and not as a stranger! My heart pines away and is consumed within me.


What wonderful words of hope and longing from the writer. Interesting how he, without knowing, speaks of Jesus thousands of years before His birth. His assurance is his Redeemer is not dead or false and that in the end the True God will be the last one standing. The writer knows it does not matter if he is dead or alive -- on the day of redemption he will see God, with his own eyes and as a friend.

Even after all the years I have been a Christ follower, I need to remind myself that I will someday see Him face to face. And in that meeting we will embrace not as strangers, but as friends. There can only be one Truth and in the end He will stand again on earth
and on my side.

God, thank you that you are on my side. Remind me daily that I will someday see you face to face - with my own eyes - and you will call me friend.

1 comment:

  1. It's really great that you're doing this online; what a way to stay accountable! I love reading your thoughts, Billy. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete