Thursday, October 23, 2008

To Be Called “Friend”

by Billy Williams

Proverbs 22:11(NIV) - He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend.

Do I love a pure heart? For that matter, do I have a pure heart? I am sure that my speech is not always gracious. What would my life be like to have the King for a friend?

I should seek people whose hearts are pure and learn from them. I should learn to speak graciously to and about others. Having the King as a friend is having someone of wise counsel, protection and influence in my corner.

God, teach me to tame my tongue and thoughts. Create in me a clean and pure heart; break my heart for what breaks yours. When I speak of others, let me see them as you see them. Grant me the privilege of being called your “friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment